Friday, March 19, 2010

Emotional Week
















Chocolate Gravy mess



It has been an emotional week for me. I have assumed for a while now that Brian had issues with his eye sight. Primarily his colors. Wednesday that was put to the test when we were faced with the strong possibility that he is color blind.

I started my first call to the eye doctor. They cannot test him fully until he can recognize his numbers. My next call was with his school, his teacher said, ' my assistant and I have been concerned and watching this aspect for some time now, he does not know how to respond when we give instructions leading to color chairs, circles or anything with color, he mainly looks confused. He pretty much relates to everything being black or sometimes blue.' I spoke with his occupational therapist, which has been seeing him since he was 6 months old, she had the same fears. With her, he always shied away from or rebelled against anything dealing with colors.


Shane and I are still going to work with him on his colors, as we would Bralee and Joseph, which mind you know every color in the book, but practice makes perfect. This just answered a lot more of our lingering questions as to why Brian would/will pretty much never even look at a TV and until just recently look at a computer.

All this took place Wednesday before Shane left for work. I was pretty emotional before he left. Because with all this on my plate I knew when I woke up the next day it would be Thursday and I had to take Brian back to the Ear, Nose and Throat doctor over his ears/hearing.

So Thursday afternoon, we meet up with who else, but Nana. She takes Bralee and Joseph to Tyson Park to play. After I unlock them from the car. Yes, I got all the way up to the dr. office and had locked them in the car and Nana out of the car.

Their were no changes in his hearing. He has no activity in his right ear. He tested just a little below normal on the overall hearing test in the sound booth. Bottom line, he is right ear deaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment