Monday, December 21, 2009

Baby you are COLD

I went to pick the kids up at school today. It is always a crazy mad house. Instead of 1 kid going happily crazy to see his parent/caretaker, I have 3. Well, today 2, with all the commotion, I did not realize that Bralee was not present. Yes, bad, bad mother. We greet each other happily, as Joseph gets mad for having to give up his time.

I notice Bralee (all 20 lbs of her) is a very cold, not hot, but COLD! I continuously state, ‘Bralee, your hands are frozen!’ Finally one of the ladies informs me, ‘yeah, she has been outside.’ Joseph and Brian are warm as snuggle bugs and show no signs of having been outside. This did not throw up flags to me as a parent, until on the way home…about 7 minutes after leaving the school. Cough,Cough,Cough,Cough.

Joseph and Bralee are in the same classroom. Brian has been moved up into another, but this morning, due to lack of students, he was back in with the other 2. Luckily, I dressed them in fleece lined pants and double layered their shirts. So, I ask myself, why was Bralee, the most fragile outside and the other 2 inside for play time. The high was 43 degrees today. I do pick up at 5pm. If you think about it that 43 degrees was probably not at, or close to 5pm!

Do I ask that they give special treatment to Bralee? Ask that they only allow her to be outside for a set amount of time? I do not want to be that parent, but I have to look out for the best of my child. Bralee has struggled enough in and through my eyes.

I have been keeping them secluded from stores and crowds. For fear of them getting sick and unable to go visiting for Christmas. Hopefully and more than likely it is just another flare up of Bronchitis!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if they gave the kids a choice - who wanted to go outside and who wanted to stay in? If all three were in one room?

    It wouldn't be a bad idea to ask how long they spend outside. And to make sure her teachers put her hat and mittens on.

    ReplyDelete