Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas 2009 and Remodeling

I still have to put up my crown molding and another coat of paint!





Joseph

Brian


Bralee

Brian ---- no intro needed

I am honestly considering boycotting holidays. Each and every holiday, that is worthy of mention. I got sick the Tuesday before Christmas with a quick stomach bug that was out the window and over with by Wednesday evening, which was just in time for Thursday mornings horrid head cold, that is still lingering.

Brian woke up Christmas morning with vomiting, but I refused to stay put. By New Year’s Eve, Bralee was coughing and Joseph was snotty.

Joseph got trains & dinosaurs. Brian got an assortment of items; watches, calculators, but his favorite was his real vacuum. Please forgive the child if he is ever at your house and goes through your closets, he is only looking for your vacuum, nothing more. Bralee got baby dolls, Elmo and a card game. They got their 1st glow worms, which was a hit. We got season passes to the zoo for the year and gift cards to Build –A-Bear. They all 3 got a guitar and it was/is a hit! They got unique piggy banks, to learn how to save their own money. I liked that idea as well.

I had also purchased them dual DVD players for the car, but someone else decided they may need them as well and stole them while the car was parked in the driveway at the house.

The kids have truly enjoyed looking at the Christmas light decorations on houses of the nights. I will load them and take them around looking for the lights, which most of the time they would find them before me! Last year they loved bells. I am curious to find out what the obsession will be next year!

In the midst of all this, we are doing/completing some remodeling. The master bathroom and den has been the main area of focus at this point. Although, do not forget Shane still has their play yard thing to complete in the backyard as well!

We have made multiple trips to our local Home Depot and Lowe's. I myself made 1 particular trip to pick out the tile. That was not so much fun. I got a buggy, not a wagon. Loaded 11 boxes of tiles into this buggy, then preceded to look at other stuff. I decided (well my back did) that the other stuff in the store, mainly the crown molding, is not important. As I was loading these boxes of tiles into the car, I started to worry. We have a Nissan Altima and it continued to makes its journey closer and closer down toward the pavement. I will never make that mistake again. I will make 2 trips!

1 comment:

  1. Bummer about the DVD players.

    Last year our whole family went through the stomach flu. At least this year I was just sick at the beginning of the month - two weeks of strep! ugh!

    My boys are still obsessed with christmas lights - of course, so am I!

    Good luck with the remodeling. We've been there, done that, and are now waiting to start yet another project. It never really ends, does it???

    ReplyDelete