Monday, November 9, 2009

Attachment


As I was putting Brian to bed tonight, I realized a book in his bed. He automatically noticed that I noticed and slid it under his pillow, well one of his many pillows. This kid has some serious attachment issues to his one particular pillow. The other night/morning 4am I was running around the house trying to find it "The Pillow". I even ran out to the car trying to find where he had last placed it.

So this evening, I was picking them up from childcare and noticed that Bralee had on someone else's shoes. No biggie. Actually, I thought it was funny and felt sorry for the poor little girl with Bralee's narrow footed shoes. But the biggie was when they had no idea where Brian's infamous "Pillow" was. Now that was something I was not leaving without. The girl with Bralee's shoes and her mother could figure that out on another day. I will return the other girls shoes Monday and hopefully the other girls mother realizes the shoe error as well.

We found Brian's pillow. I bring it home and let him help me with the washing process. Bad mistake. Really bad mistake. He broke down crying. Proceeded to go and get one of his chairs pull it up to the machine and tried to dig out his pillow. I finally took care of the situation, but let him help me place all the laundry, pillow included into the dryer. Well, he lasted about 7 minutes. Therefore he is enjoying his "pillow" even though it is damp.

Brian is not happy with just 1 pillow in his bed, he has about 8, but only 1 is special. He also has 2 blankets, 1 is a special blanket. And now a BOOK!

Bralee, well she has a pacifier.

Joseph has about 6 or 7 blankets in his bed and whichever 1 he chooses that night is the special 1. Usually you can narrow it down between 3, which is what you better take on the road with you. But his most important favorite can never be left behind....his fingers, he loves to suck on his fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment