Monday, November 30, 2009

The Split of My Angels....Not Yours

I did it. I split my kids up in daycare. They go to school/childcare/daycare 1 day a week. The director of the center called last week asking if we could move Brian up into a more advanced class. I must say it took me my surprise.

I decided I would not dwell on this transition. I knew it would be rocky, more for Brian than the others. Brian and Bralee are extremely attached. I suppose it is good that they are being separated at this point than later.

I stood outside the door of Brian's classroom and listened to him cry. Yes, I was out of sight. The teacher would try and distract him. He would kick,start crying harder and run back to the door. I held strong and he finally calmed himself after about 20 minutes.

I went to pick the kids up and was surprised with the report. They did not allow Brian to sleep next to Bralee either. When the kids did meet up in the “gross motor” room the teachers said, “it was like a joyous reunion.” I can imagine. When we separate them on overnight stays, it is as well.

Here is the GREAT punch line. They also stated that Joseph preformed better in Brian’s absence! Although on the other hand was a bully toward Bralee!?!
Let me just state this up front. They only have 2 classrooms. My 3rd child will not be sitting in the hallway! 

This evening, since being at home, Brian and Bralee have been inseparable! Loving, kissing and hugging on one another. Joseph on the other hand, has bitten Brian and kicked Bralee!

I am thankful for the separation. They can learn to perform amongst their peers as individuals and not as "The Triplets."

My Angels….Not Yours
Even though that child may not be an angel in your eyes and for the most part far from an “angel.” You, yourself will never truly know what that parent has watched that child fight through, for, or against to be where they are today. Therefore in their eyes and in many others they are a “angel.”

1 comment:

  1. I love what you wrote at the end..... it made me tear up. You are so right. No one knows what you have watched your child go through. They are angels in our eyes. We are blessed.

    ReplyDelete