Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Odd Night Time Behaviors




Over the weekend my mother was gracious enough to watch the kids, which she does often actually. Although, my brother and sister-in-law ended up with one of my boys. That was more than fine, as well. They have kept him before and he enjoys them.

I did call and speak with my brother to alert him of some of Brian’s new and awkward behaviors. He will lay and stare into outer space for hours. Sometimes he will acknowledge you and sometimes not. He likes his hand to be held. Most importantly, do not be alarmed, if in the middle of the night you wake up to him standing beside you just staring.

Oh yeah, it is freaky. He comes into our bedroom, stands beside us and just stares at us like he has never seen us before. We never know exactly how long he has been standing their sometimes. The pillow and blanket is always with him. Once we acknowledge him, he either climbs into bed with us or goes back to his bed.

Well, now Joseph is starting this thing where he comes in the middle of the night and just stands on my side of the bed. Yeah, the blanket is always with him as well. He wakes us up with his sucking noises. He waits for his invitation into bed. With his stubbornness, I can honestly say, he would wait hours.

I can feel and see that Bralee will be next. She already sleeps halfway standing up. We are constantly laying her back in her bed. Or being extra careful opening the door to the room, for fear she is sleeping behind it again.

I suppose my side is a pretty happening place. Maybe a traffic light will be needed if Bralee starts any bad habits.

Remember my post a while back about Brian, all his pillows, his blanket and now his book. Here is a look into his bed. Joseph, he just has all blankets. Bralee, her bed stays for the most part nice and neat. All she needs is her pacifier.

1 comment:

  1. Sleep walking triplets? You've got your work cut out for you! :+)

    ReplyDelete