Monday, November 23, 2009

Thinking Back





Bralee had just had surgery and not doing very well. Joseph was getting ready to have surgery in a couple of days at this point. Although, he was located in a bassinet right across from Brian. Brian was healthy, just feeding and growing.

It is odd. Mine never co-bedded. They were never healthy enough at the same time. But the greatest thing was taking place late at night. They would take Brian off his monitors and let him go visit Bralee and Joseph. Once I found out about this I just had to take part in it. Be witness to the joy of visitations/bonding.

I could not believe it. I was going to be holding Brian, while checking in and visiting with Bralee. It was an amazing and brief experience.

The first time I held 2 of them at a time was 8/26/07. They were born on 07/25/07. I never got to hold all 3 of them at once until November. That is when Bralee made her arrival home.

I have a multitude of things to be happy for this holiday season, but the things that are to be most “Thankful” for are my family. Not just the ones you see photos of on here, but the ones that are in the background. The ones that helped me and these angels get to where we are today. The grandparents, aunts, uncles, brothers and sisters.

1 comment:

  1. Those photos brought back so many memories. We are all truly blessed and have so much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete